This amazing mountain house is situated in only a 35 minute drive to the international ski resort of Pamporovo. You could be on the ski slopes all day long enjoying the sunny winters that the region is famous for. For the summer, Greece is only an hour's drive away, with the beach a 2.5 hr drive, so you could be swimming in the warm, crystal clear Aegean and be home in time for tea.
The house is beautifully located in a quiet, peaceful village with amazing bird watching opportunities. It is fully renovated. The roof is insulated and brand new. Inside, all electrical installation is new, along with the plumbing system. The windows are double glazed throughout. A total of 120 sq m living space makes this home comfy & warm, but large enough for the whole family.
The home benefits from:
- 3 good sized bedrooms, all with wonderful views from the windows.
- Fully fitted hand-made traditional wood kitchen, with washing machine, fridge and cooker with gas and electric hob.
- Fully fitted bathroom with traditional exposed stone wall, including bath, toilet, linen cupboard and vanity basin unit.
- Lounge with beautiful views across the mountains, and includes comfy sofa.
- Wood burning stoves in the lounge and lower bedroom.
- Fantastic balcony constructed from wood, affording superb views across to the Greek mountains.
- Large storage cupboard in the lounge which could be easily be converted into an extra shower room or toilet.
- Entrance porch, constructed from stone and wood.
- Good sized upstairs hallway with large storage cupboard & shelving, with original exposed stone wall.
- Dual aspect windows in master bedroom.
- Original wood flooring.
- Amazing views from all windows.
- Large cellar for storage or workshop.
- Pretty garden, with summer BBQ kitchen, and small decked area.
- High stone wall surrounding the property.
- Safe and clean village with good access all year round.
- Extra plot of land below the house, ideal for growing all those veggies!
- Walnut tree and several plum trees in the garden.
- Warm and cosy in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Total living space 120sqm, total plot 500sqm.
The property is situated in a beautiful village which is famous in Bulgaria for its clean air, time honored traditions, history and peaceful location. The village is very beautiful, set in a valley surrounded by mountains and open countryside. There are numerous walks around the village and into the forests that surround it, with superb bird watching opportunities everywhere. It was also the first village in Bulgaria to be freed from Turkish rule. From the balcony, you can see the monument erected to celebrate this event. Just up the road towards Roudozem you will come across a monument signifying the tyranny the local people had to fight for against the Turks.
The nearest town, Smolyan is a 15 minute drive away, where you can get everything you could possibly need. Plovdiv airport is very conveniently only a 2 hour drive away. The whole area has many exciting places to visit, from the fantastic caves in Trigrad, to the Seven Wonderful Bridges, Waterfall Canyon, Pamporovo ski resort, Old Plovdiv, and Greece.